Sunday, June 16, 2013

Inaugural post...


Hello Blogger...

I'm a novice novelist in the midst of writing my debut manuscript; so I'm parlaying my love of language into a 300 plus page endeavor. I'd love to say it's going like gang-busters, but I'm truly struggling to master the fundamentals of this craft. 

With all the talk of 'showing' and not 'telling' and making sure I keep adverbs and adjectives to a minimum, it's kinda' taken the joy out of the writing experience. But I'll definitely endure through the hardships of completing my novel. Cause if I've learned nothing else, I've learned this, it's in the intermediate phases of a craft, after you've gotten a strong grasp on the fundamentals, that you start having fun. It's the place I'm striving towards now. 

In the future, I hope to share some things I've learned about this craft so it could be beneficial to others. 

Until then, I hope to impart and intake some great correspondence from this blog, and I'm hoping to converse with some of you in the near future. So, thanks for stopping by to say hello. Feel free to leave a comment or two if you feel so inclined, and once again, thanks for taking the time to stop by. 

Thanks for listening,

Lionel Drummond

No comments:

Post a Comment